Social Thinking Boston® Clinical Therapy
- Students will explore cutting edge approaches to enhance the development of social skills both in the classroom and in social settings
- Sessions are individualized to the participant’s needs and creatively taught using the Social Thinking concepts developed by Michelle Garcia Winner
- Children and adults will practice social thinking and related skills in small groups or an individual therapy environment that is supportive and thought-provoking
- Each weekly session is usually 60 minutes
- There is a strong parent component for school age students. Parents receive a 10 minute “parent talk” time at the end of each session, run by the coach working with their child. This is time when parents learn about the skills and strategies taught to their child and how this information can be carried over at home, school, and in the community
Weekly Group Session – $105.00 per hour
We provide Social Thinking group treatment for students who are a good match for one another, rather than by a diagnostic label or by the time slot they are available to come to our clinic. We prefer to meet children or Skype with them before determining which group is best.
Individual Session – $200.00 per hour
Individual therapy at the clinic is provided for children and adults on a limited basis. Schedules are determined by the availability of the coach and client.
Individual Session with Nancy Clements – $250.00 per hour
Summer Social Learning Program – $1,375.00 per week
Full-day week-long sessions are offered in July and August. Students are placed by age and social communication level.
Individual and Family Social Thinking Treatment with Developmental Psychologist – $300.00 per hour
Families will work with developmental psychologist Nancy Cotton on social and life skills.
In-School Student Support – $250.00 per hour
Highly-trained Social Thinking® coaches will help support students in their school settings and classrooms to bridge the gap between social and academic life.
Social Thinking Assessments – $1000.00
The Social Thinking assessment is designed to determine the student’s Social Thinking communication ability as well as their strengths and weaknesses. The information is then used to make recommendations to support the student’s academic and social path.
Clinical Training for Professionals – click here for pricing and contact information
Nancy Clements, director of Social Thinking Boston, offers a three-day Professional Social Thinking Training program at the clinic on a monthly basis.
School-Based Training – click here for pricing and contact information
Director Nancy Clements, through Michelle Garcia Winner’s Social Thinking® Training and Speakers Collaborative, brings the cutting edge of Social Thinking into schools, educating students, teachers, and parents.