Social Thinking® Boston
Social Thinking® Boston, founded by Nancy Clements, is a fully endorsed and licensed clinic through Michelle Garcia Winner and Social Thinking. The clinic is dedicated to developing and practicing innovative treatments and assisting individuals with social learning challenges. Our program provides dynamic and integrated instruction using the core principals of Social Thinking®. Learn more about Social Thinking®.
What you will receive from our program
Our sessions will provide opportunities for our clients to explore concepts and develop tools to address various areas of Social Thinking. Some of those areas are:
- Perspective taking
- Personal problem solving
- Organizational skills
- Emotional regulation
- Social communication skills for use in the school, home, and community
- Explore cutting edge approaches to enhance the development of social skills both in the classroom and in social settings.
- Sessions are individualized to the participant’s needs and creatively taught using the Social Thinking concepts developed by Michelle Garcia Winner.
- Students learn social thinking and related skills in a small group or individual therapy environment that is supportive and thought provoking.
- Each weekly session is usually 60 minutes.
- Goals, objectives, and feedback provided on a regular basis.
- Strong parent component for school age students. The parents receive a 10 minute “parent talk” time at the end of each session (run by the professional working with their child). This is time when parents learn about the skills and strategies taught to their son or daughter and provide ideas on how this information can be carried over at home, school and in the community.