2018 Summer Learning Experience
Students will explore Social Thinking through theme-based weeks
Social Thinking Boston’s Summer Social Learning Experience is an exciting opportunity for children and adolescents to learn in a group environment. Our small groups enable direct coaching and practice while learning the fundamental building blocks of social thinking. Learning is facilitated through weekly themes and targeted age groups as described below.
- Sessions are taught in small groups with highly trained Social Thinking coaches.
- Coaches utilize dynamic teaching methods through age-related projects, traditional summer activities, and field trips — lunch and/or snacks included.
- Participants will focus on social thinking concepts including initiation, social attention, emotional regulation, seeing the big picture, perspective-taking, and abstract thinking.
- Idea-sharing, collaborative decision-making, and problem solving are all central focal points of the experience.
- There is a parent wrap-up at the end of each day.
Dates & Pricing
|July 9 to 12||9:00 to 12:00||$700||Early Learners|
|July 9 to 12||9:00 to 3:00||$1,400||Returning Early Learners|
|July 16 to 19||9:00 to 12:00||$700||Early Learners|
|July 16 to 19||9:00 to 3:00||$1,400||Returning Early Learners|
|July 23 to 26||9:00 to 3:00||$1,375||Elementary|
|July 30 to Aug 2||9:00 to 3:00||$1,375||Elementary|
|Aug 6 to 9||9:00 to 3:00||$1,375||Late Elementary / Middle School|
|Aug 13 to 16||9:00 to 3:00||$1,375||Late Elementary|
For more information regarding which weeks best fit your child, please contact Jill Day at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (978) 610-6603.