2017 Summer Social Learning Experience
Students will explore Social Thinking through Improvisation, Imagination, and Invention.
Social Thinking Boston’s Summer Social Learning Experience is an exciting opportunity for children and adolescents to learn in a group environment. Our small groups enable direct coaching and practice while learning the fundamental building blocks of social thinking. Learning is facilitated through hands-on, theme-based, dynamic experiences and activities. Students are grouped according to age and social communication skill level.
- Sessions are taught in small groups with highly trained Social Thinking coaches.
- Coaches utilize dynamic teaching methods through age-related projects, traditional summer activities, and field trips — lunch and/or snacks included.
- Participants will focus on social thinking concepts including initiation, social attention, emotional regulation, seeing the big picture, perspective-taking, and abstract thinking.
- Idea-sharing, collaborative decision-making, and problem solving are all central focal points of the experience.
- There is a parent wrap-up at the end of each day.
Dates & Pricing
|July 10th to July 13th||9:00 to 12:00 or 12:30 to 3:30||$700|
|July 17th to July 20tb||9:00 to 3:00||$1,375|
|July 24th to July 27th||9:00 to 3:00||$1,375|
|July 31st to August 3rd||9:00 to 3:00||$1,375|
|August 7th to August 10th||9:00 to 3:00||$1,375|
|August 14th to August 17th||9:00 to 3:00||$1,375|
For more information regarding which weeks best fit your child program, please contact Jill Day at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (978) 610-6603.